WHAT IS BYOD?
Bring your own device (BYOD) refers to students bringing a computer technology device, owned by a student or the student’s family, to school for the purpose of learning.
The purpose of BYOD is to continue technology-rich learning for all students at GRC Oatley Senior Campus. There will be opportunities for students to collaborate with others, connect with a global community, receive feedback from teachers, and create to show an understanding of their learning.
Educational research shows that BYOD leads to many benefits in learning. Some of these benefits are listed below:
- Devices such as laptops are already a very significant part of students’ lives. Since these devices are integral to their lives, they should be integral to their learning lives.
- Mobile devices are part of 21st century living and integral to learning 21st century skills, which are vital for students to learn and develop.
- BYOD supports personalised learning for students.
- BYOD allows learning to be even more collaborative.
- When students are able to use their own devices, it often leads to increased motivation and engagement in learning.