At Oatley we strive to support students to develop personal growth which engenders resilience, confidence, self-efficacy, health and wellbeing and which in turn assists students to engage with learning to succeed and achieve their goals.
We have 3 core values – Respect, Responsibility and Aiming for Excellence. The GRC Way is a statement which elaborates and encompasses these values, what they are and how we apply them every day, every term and every year.
The Student Support Team at Oatley manage a wide range of support services for students.
- designated Head Teacher Wellbeing and Deputy Principal for both Year 11 and 12.
- Full time teacher in the Learning Centre to assist students with organisation, research, study skills and preparation for exams and assessment tasks
- Youth Worker who works closely with students, parents and support agencies.
- 2 School Counsellors available every day Monday – Friday
- Learning and Support Teacher and additional learning support staff for students with learning difficulties
- Specialist staff who tutor EAL/D students
- 2 International Student coordinators
- 8 Student Advisers and a supervisor of females
- Full time Careers Adviser and a Transition Adviser
- School Based Apprentice and Trainee (SBAT) coordinator
- Support Unit
SUPPORT PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Belong Inc,
- Breakfast Club,
- Tutorial Program operating for all Year 11 students which is timetabled once per fortnight. Topics include study skills, social skills, drug education and stress and time management and enable emergent issues in the school or the community to be addressed.
- Mentor Program for Year 12 students. Mentors are made aware of any concerns regarding students in their groups including behaviour, attendance, wellbeing, and learning. Students also work on Career and Transition Planning.
- Garden project
- 3 Bridges
- Say No to Violence
- Awards system